It seems like even though Valentine’s Day is only ONE day, it is all over the stores and TV for the whole first half of February. Every year, Valentine’s Day provides a reminder to those who are single that they don’t have someone special to share the Hallmark holiday with.
Some singles, don’t care, it is just another day. Others may outright boycott the day, and others may feel grateful for being single. And, there are probably may variance in between.
Either way, if you’re single and don’t know what to do on Valentine’s Day then you don’t have to sit around feeling sorry for yourself! There’s no reason why Valentine’s Day can’t be fun for singles as well as couples. If you’re stuck for ideas, here are some ideas that offer ways to celebrate this romantic holiday as a single guy or gal.
- Ignore it! Valentine’s Day is just an arbitrary date on the calendar. It doesn’t mean anything that you happen to be single on this Valentine’s Day, so why not just ignore it and treat it like any other day of the year? Plenty of others will be doing the same. This is probably the most common way singles “celebrate.”
“Who cares? it is just another day that does not apply to me!“
- Share It With a Friend! If you’ve got a friend who is also single and may want to have company on Valentine’s Day, why not have a “date” together? It’s a fun way to spend time with someone you care about. Just because you may not be in a romantic relationship, doesn’t mean you can’t celebrate a different kind of love you feel for your friends!
- Go Out and Meet New People! If you want to meet someone, this may be a great day to find other singles looking to do the same. Check out what is going on in your local area. Many venues set up events like speed dating, parties and club nights dedicated to singles on Valentine’s Day. These may be the best place to meet new people, or just have a night of fun. Being single on Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be spent alone!
- Pamper Your Self! This day may be a great opportunity to celebrate your singleness with some personal spoiling! Why not spend some time showing yourself some love? Go out and buy some relaxing bath salts, nice candles, tasty chocolates and spend the evening pampering yourself. After you’ve had a long relaxing bath, cozy up under a blanket and watch a movie while eating your chocolates and indulging on some much-needed me-time.
- Ask Some One For a Date! Maybe this is the time to be bold and just go for it! If there’s someone you have been interested in, Valentine’s Day may offer the perfect excuse to ask them out on a date. Take a chance and ask them out for dinner or a movie. If all goes well then it’ll be Valentine’s Day to remember. If you don’t create a magical spark, at least you will have had a fun Valentine’s Day!
- Host an Anti-Valentine Day’s Party! If you are looking to mingle with your single friends and turn your bitterness into something fun, consider hosting an anti-Valentine’s party where NO flowers, candy, hearts of V-day cards are allowed. Embrace your singlehood and enjoy spending time with others who may be feeling a little left out on this holiday.
- Embrace The Positive! Being single really can be a positive thing on Valentine’s Day. When you’re thinking about what to do on Valentine’s Day, the choice really is yours, and yours alone! Take is for what it is worth and moves on – it REALLY is just another day! So, make the most if it and enjoy yourself!