Lahore, which is a city full of life and cultural beauty in Pakistan, was going on a smooth and peaceful track of Life but a day came when all of a sudden a sad news spread like wild-fire:
“An American named ‘Raymond Davis’ shot dead two Pakistanis.”
The crime was committed in a populated area called “Mazang Chungi”, infamous for traditional food, and was witnessed by dozens of people. Both men were going on a bike as they were shot by Raymond Davis from his car.
Raymond was accompanied by two more Americans who escaped and during their escape killed another man named “Ibad-ur-Rehman” (ran over by their car).
Raymond Davis was caught red-handed and there was no escape for him to deny, that’s why he didn’t, but tried to present the situation as self-defense.
Was it Self Defense ?
Investigation revealed that murders were Non-defensive in nature.
Law Minister of Punjab Government PML (N) Rana Sanaullah told Media that it’s not self-defense because:
- There were no prints of Pakistanis which prove that Pakistanis tried to open the car or smash the glass of door.
- Tests show that they were fired from behind and at a distance of about 10-20 meters.
- They were killed with more than 4-5 bullets each.
The American ‘JAMES BOND’ Debate
After confirmation from the American officials that he wasn’t a diplomat and ” was part of a covert, C.I.A. led team collecting intelligence and conducting surveillance on militant groups deep inside the country ” (the typical James Bond stuff), new doors to various questions and debates have opened:
- Why he had high-resolution camera with Pictures of Sensitive Areas?
- What was he doing with Long Range Transmitters and Classified Maps?
- Who is he in reality (as Americans may be telling another lie)?
- What was his Real Motive and Mission?
- Why drone attacks have stopped all of a sudden?
- Why even President of USA is himself looking into the matter?
- Was it CIA Vs ISI? (the two dead Pakistanis might have been intelligence personnel)
- How many more James Bond are there in Pakistan & what was ISI doing when they were pouring in?
- Is he the Treasure of Secrets for ISI and has info related to what’s been happening in Pakistan?
- Why have Americans been complaining always about less number of Visas ( less than what they have been demanding) being issued?
- Was he the key figure in the chain of command directing Drone Attacks?
- Was he sabotaging Pakistan’s nuclear weapons?
- Was America caught red-handed stabbing her own so-called strategic partner?
- Why is U.S. threatening to cut off relations with Pakistan for just a single person whose been a part of a covert C.I.A. led team information gathering mission(as per USA)?
- Who were the other two Americans and where did they go (surely not to Bermuda triangle)?
- Did he had any part to play in the terrorist attacks which struck Pakistan?
- Is CIA right now trying its level best to eliminate their ill-fated James Bond?
- Is there any connection between the killing of ISI’s Colonel Imam (23rd January) and the James Bond’s case (26th January)?
- Why is the Govt not speaking up and simply referring the matter to Judiciary after failed initial attempts to free him?
- Is it possible to exchange Dr Aafia Siddiqui and other innocent Pakistanis held in American custody with 007 (Raymond Davis)?
Answers to these and a lot of other questions are difficult to determine at this stage but certain things are clear:
- Now there is no escape for the American James Bond.
- Pakistan has the upper hand.
- It’s a jackpot for Pakistani Intelligence agencies.
- It’s a wake up call for CIA.
- The matter is going to stay for quite some time.
- There is definitely something seriously fishy.