Apple has released a new revised Mac OS X 10.6.8 supplemental update, for the original 10.6.8 update, to fix some outstanding bugs and glitches that were haunting Snow Leopard users. The tech giant has called it a recommended download for all users running Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8.
According to Apple:
“The Mac OS X 10.6.8 Supplemental Update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and resolves issues with:
– Transferring personal data, settings, and compatible applications from a Mac running Mac OS X Snow Leopard to a new Mac running Mac OS X Lion
– Certain network printers that pause print jobs immediately and fail to complete
– System audio that stops working when using HDMI or optical audio out.”
The latest update is available to users via Software Update but it can also be manually downloaded by the users from the Apple’s Support Downloads site. The update is about 10MB in size and requires a restart after installation.
There is no need to install this update if a user has not yet installed the original 10.6.8 update because Apple has already integrated the latest supplemental update into version 1.1 of the regular Combo and Delta OS X updaters.
Therefore, any new user downloading the Snow Leopard will automatically get the latest version where as old users can use the links provided below to download this update.
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 Supplemental Update (10.19 MB)
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 Server Supplemental Update (10.23 MB)
- Mac OS X Server v10.6.8 Update v1.1 (518.28 MB)
- Mac OS X Server v10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1 (1.18 GB)