More details of the rumored Playstation Phone have now emerged from Sony Ericsson. The details were leaked to Mobile Crunch which appears to be extremely impressed by the upcoming revolutionary phone. According to the site, the Playstation Phone is very real and provides the best gaming experience ever on a mobile device.
The newly leaked information includes:
- The display is “mind-blowing” and on-par (to the naked eye) with the iPhone 4′s Retina Display. Sony has introduced some Bravia technology into it and leverages on the brand when highlighting the display.
- Won’t ship in time for the holidays and might be aiming for February.
- Off-contract price to be around $500 with 5 free games included.
- Games to be priced around mobile gaming prices, such as sub-$10, unlike the higher price for PSP games.
- The Z-System name is still being thrown around, and while specific details on it aren’t available, it has been used to describe both the gaming platform and the distribution center.
There is a lot of talks that December 9 is the date when the Sony Ericsson Playstation Phone is going to be officially announced by the company.
The rumors that surfaced about PlayStation Phone a few months ago now seem to be true as more and more evidence is coming in the spotlight with the passage of time. Though unless an official announcement is made it’s still all considered to be speculation by the skeptics.