A lot of posts regarding the jailbreak and unlock of iPhone on iOS 5.0.1 have already surfaced on the internet, but for your convenience, we have compiled this really simple and working tutorial which will guide you right from the start till the end on how to update, unlock and jailbreak your iPhone on iOS 5.0.1. This tutorial will help you install jailbreak and unlock your device on iOS 5.0.1 with the help of Redsnow. This is a really simple tutorial so please follow the steps carefully.
Download iOS for your device.
Official download links from Apple:
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4 (GSM)
- iPhone 4 (CDMA)
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad 2 WiFi
- iPad 2 GSM
- iPad 2 CDMA
- iPod touch 3G
- iPod touch 4G
1. Download Redsn0w 0.9.10b1 (Windows – Mac OS X).
3. Download iTunes from here.
Now, Open Redsnow and follow these steps:
- Extract the downloaded zip file anywhere you want.
- Now open Redsnow.exe and click on “Extras”.
- Now Click on “Custom IPSW”.
- Now Select the already downloaded iOS 5.0.1.
- If you are not sure about your phone then click on “Yes”.
- Now Redsnow will start customizing IPSW. This will take some time. Please be patient.
- Once completed the above message will be displayed.
Now you can install this custom iOS 5.0.1 on your device through iTunes.
However, while installing custom iOS 5.0.1 on your device, if you are facing errors like Error 1600, Error 3194, or Apple Server errors then you can follow the tutorials below to cater to those problems:
- How to Fix iTunes Error 1600 tutorial.
- How to Fix iTunes Error 3194.
- How to Fix “Cannot Connect to Apple Server” While Trying to Update iOS.
- How to Enter DFU Mode on iPhone or iPod Touch.
Once iOS 5.0.1 is installed on your device it will be locked unless you have a factory unlocked the device. To unlock it follow the Unlock iPhone on iOS 5.0.1 Tutorial.
Still, having problems? Feel free to comment below.