Whether you are switching browsers or getting a new computer, you always are in a need to back up browser bookmarks in order to recover your important saved web URLs in case of a browser re-install. It’s also a good idea to back up browser bookmarks regularly just in case, to make sure that you do not lose them for whatever reason that might be out of your control. Thankfully, the process of backing up your favorite and most important or most-visited sites is quite easy no matter what browser you are using. Learn here how to backup browser bookmarks and favorites from your Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari browser.
- Click on the Chrome menu, which is located on the upper right side of the browser toolbar.
- Now select Bookmarks and then Bookmark Manager.
- Click the Organize menu in the Bookmark manager and then select Export bookmarks to HTML file.
- Click on the Bookmarks button, which is located on the upper right side of the navigation toolbar.
Select Show All Bookmarks, which will open up the Library window.
- Click Import and Backup from the Library window’s toolbar and then select Export Bookmarks to HTML.
- Click the Favorites button. This is the button located on the upper right side that looks like a star.
- Click Import and export from the dropdown menu.
- Select Export to a file in the dialog box and then click on Next.
- Follow the next couple of steps to choose what you want to export (favorites, feeds cookies).
- Click Finish at the end to save the exported HTML file.
- Select File and Export Bookmarks.
- All you have to do after that is save the HTML file to your computer.
As you can see, it’s a fairly simple process to back up browser bookmarks no matter what browser you are using. Many people put a lot of time into organizing and updating their bookmarks and favorites, dividing them into folders and categories, and making sure that everything is easy to find.
And that is why it would be a real shame to lose them. Backing up your bookmarks and then keeping these HTML files stored in the cloud is a good way to make sure that you are never without your favorite websites, no matter what computer you are using and where you are working at the moment.