iPhone 4S was launched back in October 2011, close to the death of Steve Jobs. The phone became a massive hit all around the world and sold out on all carriers in less than a week after its official launch. With amazing speed, best camera and unbelievable Technology, Siri, iPhone 4s surely became the most amazing iPhone yet.
So coming back to the topic, you got your iPhone 4S and are ready to get your hands on it, but wait it’s not activated. No worries you are at the right place. There are basically two methods to get a contract-free iPhone 4s, one is though Apple and the other is through any carrier. The benefit of getting in through Apple is that it would be unlocked while the one from any carrier will still be locked to that carrier. Anyways if you have bought the iPhone 4S off-contract from Apple, the phone will surely be unlocked which means that it can be used on any compatible GSM carrier as long as you have that network micro-SIM card, and the device is activated on that network. We have specially made this tutorial to show you how to activate the iPhone 4S.
How to Activate Unlocked iPhone 4S
- Before you start, please make sure that you have a Wi-Fi or active internet connection and iTunes installed on your PC.
- Now Remove the Original Sim card from your device.
- Insert your desired Sim card.
- Turn on your iPhone with a new sim card and don’t do anything else.
- Connect your iPhone with PC via USB cable.
- Launch iTunes.
- It will automatically detect your iPhone and will activate your device by itself.
iTunes will now show you a “Congratulations, your iPhone has been unlocked” message, indicating the device is carrier unlocked and can now use any compatible micro-SIM card.