After Nokia went on a rampage of releasing their dual sim handsets, HTC unveiled its dual sim fiesta and introduced three new HTC dual sim mobiles back in April. Ironically, all three of V, VC, and VT look pretty much similar, with a slight change in design and weight. We today are going to cover detailed features and specs in charts and calculate the difference between each set.
The news regarding these dual sim phones started to roll out at first when HTC made a tweet about them after which HTC at ICT (Indonesian Cellular Show) displayed their upcoming smartphones. They seem pretty much like from the ONE series, however, they strictly belong to Desire family!
Ocean Seto, who is Head of Product Marketing of HTC in Indonesia, suggested that these mobiles are aimed towards people who appreciate the Android operating system, but would love to have dual sim handsets at affordable prices. We shall further discuss pricing in our final words. The phones are expected to do pretty well in the Asian markets, such as China, Indonesia, Pakistan, India and some other African countries, where its harder for people to shell out a pretty penny to get hands-on exclusive smartphones, such as S3.
Visuals in Video
There is a short video circulating around on Youtube, you can clearly see the pictures of all sets. Desire V has a slightly more stylish camera on the backside, as you can see in the picture above, one which has a red outline.
We have compiled a specification chart of all mobiles, with their images. It will make it easier for you to go through details and make a wise decision about what sort of phone you want to buy.
HTC Desire V
- The salient feature is its Dual Sim & Dual Standby.
- 118.5×62.3×9.3 mm Dimensions & 114 g weight.
- 5 MP camera, autofocus, led flash & geotag.
- Video Camera, however, no secondary camera.
- 1 GHz processor, with Adreno 200.
- The Chipset board is Qualcomm MSM7227A Snapdragon.
- Powered by Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.
- MicroSD card with the support of 32 GB.
- 4 GB internal storage and 512 MB ram.
- GPRS, Edge, Wifi, USB v 3.0.
- It comes in only black and white colors.
HTC Desire V apparently is a flagship phone amongst dual sim mobiles by HTC. Even though it looks pretty much similar to other VT and VC variants, it does have few differences, such as its 5 grams lighter than VC and 4 grams lighter than VT. Its camera design also looks better than the other two!
HTC Desire VC
- Boasts Dual Sim and Dual Stand by capability.
- 119.5 x 62.3 x 9.5 mm Dimensions & weighs 119 g.
- 5 MP camera led flash, autofocus, and geo.
- No secondary camera, supports video camera.
- 1 GHZ CPU and Adreno 200 GPU.
- Standard Li-Ion 1650 mAh Battery
- Java MIDP support and FM Radio with recording.
- White and Black colors are supported.
- MMS, SMS Threaded, Email, Pushmail.
- EDGE on SIM1, GPRS, USB v 3.0, Wifi.
- 32 GB microSD card support.
HTC Desire VC is slightly bigger in size compared to V, which means better grip in hand, its also bigger in size compared to VT. Unlike both VC and V, which are using HSPA technology, it has 3.1 MPS speed.
HTC Desire VT
- Double sim support, dual standby support.
- Powerful 5 MP cam, led flash, geo, and autofocus.
- Lacks a secondary camera, but makes 720p video.
- Java, FM Radio, SNS integration, organizer, mp3.
- Threaded SMS, MMS, Email, and Pushmail.
- Download and play games.
- Android Ice cream sandwich operating system.
- 32 GB MicroSD, 512 MB ram and 4 Gb storage.
- Adreno 200 GPU, while CPU is 1 GHz.
- It comes in only two colors, black and white.
- Vibration, MP3 and WAV ringtones.
Desire VT, is not much different from VC. One difference we mentioned earlier is not the only difference though. VT is marginally smaller than VC, however, bigger than V. VT’s body dimensions are 119.5 x 62.2 x 9.6 mm.
Final Word and Price Figures
This trio of double sim gadgets is certainly a great addition to showroom of HTC, however, the prices are probably still bit high for consumers who are most likely to buy these sets, but since the features are awesome, we would like to think people shall not hesitate to shell out money on these beauties. One major drawback, which we could pinpoint is the lack of secondary camera in all aforementioned devices!
All three phones were announced at the same time and are expected to release in July 2012. However, the prices vary by a slight margin, Desire VC is priced at $318 USD, Desire V is said to be around $325 USD. VT is expected to have the same price figure as VC.