How to Enable Facebook Notifications and Chat in Firefox Toolbar
Firefox is one of the most commonly used web browser of today thanks to its impressive features and frequent updates and social networking, specially Facebook, has also become really important for almost every living soul on this planet. Wouldn't it be really cool if Firefox could somehow improvise your social experience? Firefox 17 offers exactly such a feature but by default it is turned off and a lot of users don't know about it at all. Lets get started with the process of enabling this hidden feature!
Majority of Facebook's 1 billion users heavily rely on chat and messaging to communicate with their friends and family. Firefox 17 toolbar provides a direct connection of Facebook messaging service along with a constant chat connection. It displays Facebook notifications also which makes Firefox 17 quite cool.
This feature is not enabled by default on the browser, but it is quite simple to enable it. Here is a simple tutorial to enable Facebook notifications and chat on Firefox toolbar:
Navigate to dedicated messenger page in Firefox browser and click "Turn on" button:
It proceeds simply without asking for a latest version of Firefox. For getting more power over the messenger, follow these simple steps:
- Download and install Firefox 17
- In the address bar, type about:config and press enter
- An alert will pop up saying "This might void your warranty" , click "I'll be careful, I promise!"
- Now below the address bar, type social.enabled in search bar, a social.enabled preference will appear below, double click on it to change its value from "false" to "true":
- Now a slide bar will appear asking you to login into your Facebook account, after you are logged in, you will see a chat box and notification panel on side like shown in the image below:
That's it! Enjoy the instant Facebook feeds and the chat box on your Firefox.
Remember the chat window and feed can be disabled easily anytime, just type social.slidebar.open and then change the value of 'social.enabled' back to False.
Latest posts by Waleed Ahmed Kisana (see all)
- Over 9 Million iPhones Sold and Over 200 Million iOS 7 Downloads in Just 3 Days - September 25, 2013
- Next-Gen Samsung Smartphones Will Have 64-bit Processors - September 13, 2013
- Russia Dumps iPhone, Sets Deals With Samsung - July 18, 2013