Being in college, it is difficult to acquire mannerisms of a lady. It is not until we have been invited to a formal party for our house, or a dinner is when the ladies begin to panic. It seems like in today’s age, it is harder and harder to find good women influences. There are some crazy starts out there: Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Ke$ha, and none of them are very lady-like.
If you are wondering what you need to do to be more of a lady, here are some tips to help you. You’ll go from Cinderella cleaning the kitchen to Cinderella at the ball!
1. Don’t sleep with everyone that you meet. Sure, it might feel great, but if you are sleeping around with everyone that you know, you’ll get some nasty labels. Besides, it’s not very safe to sleep around anyways.
2. Don’t smoke. Smoking actually used to be very glamorous, but now it’s smelly and bad for you. Don’t start smoking because there is nothing fancy or lady-like about it at all. If you do smoke, quit. You won’t smell like smoky and you will seem more lady-like.
3. Don’t drink―too much. Make sure that if you drink, you do it tastefully. You don’t want to get hammered during a lunch meeting. Seeing a woman drunk is probably one of the least lady-like things that I can think of. Save yourself the embarrassment and skip the extra drinks.
4. Don’t be a slob. Ladies are not dirty, they are very clean. Even if you are in a rush, make it a point to keep your area nice and tidy. Ladies are very clean.
5. Don’t curse. It is not lady-like to curse. Even if you must excuse yourself and swear in another room, do it. Try to replace the curse word with a less offensive word.
6. Dress like a lady. This means that you don’t wear pajamas in public. Ladies wear modest clothing that suit their bodies.
7. Be polite. Ladies are always polite. Sure, there are things that people do to make ladies angry, but that doesn’t mean that you have to show it. Ladies are polite to everyone, even if they may be offended. Even if people don’t deserve your niceness, still be kind. It will take you very far in life.
Latest posts by Heather Johnson (see all)
- 5 Sporting Events You Must See Live - September 22, 2015
- In Focus: Responsive Web Design and Responsive vCard - August 29, 2015
- 10 Best Upcoming PC Games Of 2016 - August 25, 2015