5 Minecraft Tactics That You Need To Know Now
Created by Swedish programmer Markus “Notch” Persson and published by Mojang, Minecraft is a sandbox indie game. It was originally released to PCs in 2009, and later in 2011 was released to Android and iOS carriers. It was released to Xbox 360 in 2012. The game begins in a 3D generated world. Players must build constructions out of textured cubes. Players explore, gather resources, craft, and combat. The original game has two principle modes, which are survival and creative, with each requiring different set of tactics. Survival mode requires players to gather resources while maintaining health and hunger. Creative mode gives players an unlimited amount of resources. Players can fly, and don’t need any survival skills – such as food or water. Another created mode is a harder version of survival mode. Minecraft has become an increasingly popular game since its release.
The game itself is an open world. Players are free to control the destiny of each game, but there is, however, an optional achievement system. Players basically place and break 3D blocks. Scenes take place in mountains, caves, forests, under water, and other natural habitats. Each day passes by in 20 real time minutes switching from day to night. There are numerous Minecraft tactics that you can use to achieve the best results. Here are 5 Minecraft tactics that you need to know now:
Minecraft Tactics to Dominate
- Choose the best beginning home – A good tactic to follow is choosing the best beginning home to ensure survival. One of the best options out there is a shallow cave. First of all, the materials come easy. The walls and ceiling are made of dirt and stone, so you don’t have to use your resources. Once you have gathered enough resources to go on a exploration trip, you will find the deep tunnels in your cave allow for easy mining. You can block areas that mobs can come through easily in a shallow cave. This will keep you very safe. Another great home is a temple, pyramid, or village. Keep in mind that you will need a good amount of trenches to light up your cave.
- Branch mining – Branch mining is one of the most efficient ways to mine. First of all you dig down into the bedrock — about two layers before you hit the bedrock. You will then dig a long tunnel. This tunnel will not interfere with your work and should be about 2 blocks high and 1 block wide. Then every so often on each side of the tunnel dig more tunnels extending about 20 blocks. You will want leave 3 blocks in between each additional tunnel so you can see the veins. This allows you to find the most veins possible of your endeavor. This tactic is a great way to find the best resources and stay alive.
- Travel – Traveling is a great tactic to stay alive if you are on survival mode or have a lot more fun when you are playing creative mode. Traveling is best done using mine carts. Mine carts are a transportation tool used for moving ore and materials while you are mining. To increase the speed of your mine cart, you can add a booster so you can make quick trips. You also have the option of attacking chests to your mine carts to carry your findings very quickly. Also, make sure you are using stairs and ladders to the best capacity. Jump more than one block at a time to save time.
- Be paranoid – Now this may not sound like a legit tactic, but it is. When you are playing in survival mode it is essential that you be extremely paranoid. Keep your sword at your side at all times. Turn around constantly, as you do not know if a creeper is within distance. Put your sword at the beginning of your inventory slot to keep it close at all times. It is very useful to map it to a button on your mouse. Make sure you keep light around at all time. And when it is lights out, stay paranoid. Keep backup supplies at all times. Staying aware of everything going on around you is essential when playing Minecraft, so keep your eyes peeled.
- Keep it bare – A good tactic to survive in Minecraft is to not use beds. Hide underground instead and let it be your keeper. There is less of a chance that you will be killed this way, some say. This will help you avoid creepers that can sneak up at a moments notice. A good option is to travel in the direction of the sun. Some people find it useful to rob the blacksmith of diamonds, iron, obsidian, armor and food. Some crafters argue that simplicity is the key to being successful on Minecraft. Others think being suicidal is a good route. Being suicidal means being a daredevil and jumping off cliffs to earn rewards. But that can backfire as you can die if you land too hard and are not careful. So if you want to try a new tactic, try adding simplicity to your strategy. You will be surprised how simple it can be to survive. Try not to overthink things and you will be golden.
Play Minecraft Everywhere
The above mentioned Minecraft tactics will help you stay alive when playing so go have some fun and stay up all night playing Minecraft. This game has become extremely popular and with more platform releases it will become even more popular. A pocket version of minecraft is already available on smartphones and tablets, but some complain that it may be too small to enjoy.
Playing Minecraft on the computer is great because you can see the entire screen and have time to really think things through. Playing on your smartphone or tablet, however, is still a great way to practice. So mine away my friends.
Chris Smith from OneClickRoot.com contributed to this story!
Latest posts by Heather Johnson (see all)
- 13 Rare & Interesting Facts About Valentine’s Day - January 17, 2014
- 8 Best Patriotic Movies For Independence Day Viewing - January 11, 2014
- 7 Reasons Why Teenagers Are Leaving Facebook - December 12, 2013