Chillopedia is open to user contribution and there are two ways in which users can contribute to Chillopedia:
- Contribute in the Forums
- Contribute in the Blog
1. Contribute in the Forums
To start contributing in the forums, all you need is to register a free account on Chillopedia here (takes less than 30 seconds).
2. Contribute in the Blog
If you happen to be a fresh writer looking for more exposure and training then our blog is an ideal platform to get a grasp on mainstream blogging and SEO as our fine tuned author brandification and well versed team of editors will polish you up in no time.
All you need is to register a free account on Chillopedia.com here and a rank of Wendigo (requires 200+ points). As soon as your account will attain the rank of Wendigo, you will automatically get an option to submit blog posts for review in the user menu.
What are the Benefits?
There are many benefits of contributing to Chillopedia.com as an author for example:
- Your posts would allow you to earn points and will bring you great exposure that in turn will boost your reputation as a blogger
- With a well written article and a well placed backlink inside the article, you can drive plenty of traffic to your site (Note: We only offer no-follow links and all the external links included in the article should be relevant to the article and useful for the reader. We don’t entertain SEO agencies/guest writers who are seeking to buy/place do-follow links in articles in order to help their clients manipulate search engine rankings)
- We maintain a strong presence on various social networks and your article would get shared on all of our social accounts – that would give your article great social exposure
- You yourself would also get great social exposure as an author – that in-turn would result in new social connections with other key players in the industry
- Depending upon your number of submitted articles your name would get listed in either ‘Major’ or ‘Minor’ contributors (here)
- All blog authors get verified profile badges in their user profiles
Requirements for an Acceptable Blog Post
The requirements for an acceptable user contributed blog post are straightforward:
- You have to write a unique 500-2500 words long interesting post on a fresh topic that could suit any of the category present on Chillopedia.com
- We only accept posts on topics that are related to the niche which we usually cover on our blog, therefore your article should be strictly relevant to at least one of our category (excluding ‘random’)
- The post you submit should never have been published before on any other website, blog, forum or magazine (whether offline or online) etc
- Your post should have at least one relevant high quality image with proper credit to the original source, unless the image is already public domain)
- The links in the post should not be a spam/adult/illegal/substandard website and all external links should have [rel = ‘nofollow’]
- Your post should add a unique value to the topic/problem you are writing on
- You should have a Google+ account (it is mandatory for enabling your Google Authorship Markup)
- Your email should have a thumbnail registered at Gravatar.com
Requirements for an Acceptable Forums Post
The requirements for an acceptable user contributed forums topic/reply are straightforward:
- Members or guests linking to or asking for information on warez, crackz or any other objectionable material will have their post/comment removed immediately without any warning.
- All posts are to be made in the relevant forum therefore users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting anything.
- Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated.
- The admins and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time after finding it to be indecent, vulgar, spam, etc.
- Do not post links to spam/adult/illegal/substandard websites and remember we automatically add [rel = ‘nofollow’] to all external links in the forums
- Users are requested to report anything that violates any forum rule to the staff of this Forum.
- Users upon posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will imediately get banned.
- Putting links advertising websites (eg. Free Hosting click here) is strictly prohibited. We follow a zero tolerance policy therefore users abusing these rules will face a permanent ban.
- Multiple usernames are not allowed. If anyone wants to change their username, ie: spelling, not appropriate, PM the Admin for a requested change. After the preferred choice of username the Admin will delete the other/s username/s.
- Users should use an appropriate title when posting a new topic. Examples of bad titles include: “Help me cant jailbreak!”, “I’m stuck!” etc. Examples of good titles include; “Need Help jailbreaking my iPhone 4″ etc.
- Red font has been and continues to be reserved for moderator use. Don’t use it.
- Users should not post a topic/reply in CAPITALS, the reason being is that this is considered as shouting.
- Do not write in eLiTe LeTtErS, or in very large or hard to read fonts or colors.
- Avoid regular use of “Netspeak” or other “cute” grammar or spelling (For example: writing “R U a woman?” instead of “Are You a woman?”).
Disclaimer: Publishing rights are reserved to admins and editors and all articles are published after a thorough review by the Editor-in-Chief to ensure quality. Your submitted article therefore would have to go through an extensive review before getting published and Chillopedia.com has the right to edit your submitted article to optimize certain aspects and to match the general format of the blog!